Friday, May 18, 2012

Home Management Binder (Part 2)

So, after a long wait.... and now that you have most of your materials, let's start on a few of the sections of your binder! Here are four sections that I'd like to focus on today. Of course, you don't have to include these sections, and you can come up with your own, but I'll share mine for now!

Today's sections are:
Calendars
Menu
Cleaning
Finances

The calendar section of my notebook doesn't have a divider. First I have my day at a glance pages. I made my own pages, printed them on card stock, and placed them in sheet protectors. This makes the pages dry erase safe and I don't have to waste paper every week. I use permanent marker so that it doesn't rub off. *Quick Tip: you can erase permanent marker by coloring over it with a dry erase marker than erasing as normal (definitely comes in handy as a teacher!)*

Behind my day at a glance pages, I include a monthly calendar. This could be a dry erase standard blank calendar, but I like these pretty calendars and so I printed them for each month!

Following the calendars I have any schedules such as Keeton's baseball schedule for reference.









My first actual tab is my menu tab. This is a pretty small tab as I already have my menu board. I have thought about including a printable menu planning sheet but since I have a board already I haven't included one yet. Right now I have a few reference sheets such as a list of our favorite recipes, recipes that I should try, a grocery cycle sheet, and a list of when fruits and vegetables are in season.



My second tab is one of my favorite tabs, the cleaning tab! I made two different printables for this section. One is a weekly cleaning schedule and one is a month by month schedule. I am currently working on adding a Spring Cleaning checklist to this section. This section also includes many homemade cleaners that I found on Pinterest.

The last section for today is also one of my favorites. Well... kind of. As much as anyone can love talking about finances. I love that I have some organization to this section of my life though. I created a quick and easy monthly spreadsheet to record when bills are paid, in fact I usually record how much each bill was so that I can see what our average is a the end of the year to budget better for next year. I also included a budget form that I'd like to revisit soon with Keeton to see how we're doing and see how we could stash a little extra cash for our house redo!

Printables
Calendar: http://505-design.com/free-printable-2012-calender-with-editable-text/
Day At A Glance: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-o-oOk9n_PFa1F2MjlTMEdmTFk

Grocery Sale Cycles: http://www.livingrichlyonabudget.com/grocery-sale-cycles-when-do-things-go-on-sale

Cleaning Solutions: http://www.tiphero.com/tips_5913_?utm_source=Money-Saving+Tips+Newsletter+DL&utm_campaign=7fc77c4a8a-TH_NL_178a_04_26_2012&utm_medium=email


Have a great weekend!!!
Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment