Monday, April 30, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

These muffins take a little bit of preparation, but they are really yummy when they're ready!

The original recipe calls for pecans and canned pumpkin. However, I left out the pecans because Keeton doesn't love nuts, and I of course freeze my own pumpkin because it's WAY better so I used that instead!

For the muffins you will need:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt (Oops, I knew I forgot something!)
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups canned (or fresh) pumpkin
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp. vanilla



Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour 18 muffin cups. If I could have found my paper cups, I would have used those. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add eggs, pumpkin, olive oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Fill your cups with pumpkin mixture until they are about 1/2 full.

For the filling:
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat the cream cheese until soft. Beat in egg, vanilla, and brown sugar until smooth. Add a tablespoon of the mixture in the middle of each cup of batter.

Streusel Topping:
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
4 1/2 Tbsp. flour
5 Tbsp. white sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. pecans (optional) (Toasted and chopped)
Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans (if using). Cut in butter with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle on the cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.





These are a little dense, but moist and delicious. Enjoy!

Have a great week!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment